|Auvi-Q Inventors, Eric and Evan Edwards|
In kaléo's October 2016 press release, they explained:
"After regaining the rights to AUVI-Q, kaléo conducted a thorough manufacturing assessment and invested in new technology and quality systems to ensure accurate, reliable and consistent delivery from the product. AUVI-Q is manufactured on an intelligent, high-tech, 100% automated robotic production line with more than 100 automated quality checks on each AUVI-Q, ensuring a streamlined and consistent production process."
Now, let's talk about how you can get the Auvi-Q back into your anaphylaxis preparedness kit!
Through kaléo's first-of-its-kind AffordAbility™ program, they are providing extensive, affordable access to the Auvi-Q for patients. Here are some of the highlights:
- More than 200 million Americans with commercial insurance, including those with high-deductible plans, will be able to obtain AUVI-Q for $0 out-of-pocket.
- AUVI-Q will be available free of charge to patients with a household income of less than $100,000 who do not have government or commercial insurance.
- The cash price for AUVI-Q is $360, and will be available to those patients without government or commercial insurance.
Here are some other points to keep in mind:
- There are no coupons involved in this program (at the time of this writing) - You will obtain your prescription from your doctor and the cost to you should come up as $0. If it does not, the pharmacist can call 1-877-30-AUVI-Q (1-877-302-8847) for live assistance.
- On the AffordAbility™ site, look into the direct delivery option. You can have your Auvi-Q(s) mailed directly to you (or to your doctor) without going through your local pharmacy. This can help ensure that you get the best expiration dates available, and with shipment to your home, it can save an extra trip to the pharmacy. This option is available to insured and cash-paying customers.
- The cash price only applies to a very small subset of patients with an annual household income is over $100,000, yet without commercial or government insurance. (Combining 2015 census information on insurance coverage and the average percentage range of those at risk for anaphylaxis, this price may only apply to 0.02%-0.07% of the population.)
- If you have insurance and your prescription benefit formulary does not provide coverage for the Auvi-Q, the cost will still be $0 to you.
I will update with any news, as I receive it.