I was at my local grocery store, yesterday, going down the kitchen gadgets/paper plates/tupperware aisle and I saw this new gadget called the Pancake Creator, by Good Cook. It was only $4.95!
You can use it to prepare your pancake mix right inside the container and then draw out designs on the griddle, with the detail tip, then fill it in with the larger tip. When you flip over the pancake, your designs appear. :)
Any way to make my daughter's limited diet more exciting really appeals to me! At first, I tried whipping up my Vanilla Pancake recipe, in a separate bowl and scooping it into the Pancake Creator, but that was a bit messy and the mix was too thick, so I reformulated the recipe, for use with this new gadget:
Pancake Creator Mix
- 1/2 c. Gluten-Free Bisquick (May contain soy)
- 1/2 c. Rice Milk (vanilla)
- 1 T. Canola oil, or other safe oil
- 1/4 c. Unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- Pour all ingredients in the bottom compartment and screw the top part in place. Plug the top hole closed, with a clean finger and shake vigorously for 30 seconds to a minute, until the ingredients are mixed. Be careful when you remove your finger, as it will make a little "pop" from the baking soda reaction, inside. ;)
- Follow the product instructions for making your designs on the griddle/pan.
- Use a non-stick/silicone spatula, preferably a wide one, for flipping your designs.
It works best if you start with the soy yogurt, then the oil, applesauce, then the Bisquick GF powder, and add the rice milk on top, last. If you put the powder in first, it will end up stuck at the bottom of the tube.
Post a Comment