Update: After making this recipe a few times, I have tweaked it a little and achieved better results...
Egg-free, (Cow's) Milk-Free, Wheat-Free/Gluten-Free
- 1/2 c. Gluten-Free Bisquick
- 1/2 c. vanilla soy yogurt
- 1 T. canola oil (or safe oil of your choice)
- 2 T. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 c. vanilla rice milk
- Mix all of the ingredients. Allow the mix to sit for a few minutes and it will fluff up.
- If you have a 1/8 c. measuring spoon, scoop out 1/8 c./2 T. mix onto the griddle/pan and spread out the mix a little bit, since it will be a bit thick. Feel free to experiment with shapes. (The best I can do is a "Mickie Mouse" shape. :) In my previous recipe version I was thinning out the mix with a little extra rice milk, which you can still do, but it make them a little gummier, and I prefer them with less rice milk, since they come out fluffier, this way. They look the same as before, but the internal consistency is what improved.
- You can also add in shelled hemp hearts, if you would like to add some protein to the mix. I used Manitoba Harvest Shelled Hemp Hearts. They are made in a dedicated hemp facility that is dairy, soy, nut and gluten free. Three tablespoons adds in 10 grams of protein and the seeds do not add any grit or nutty feel to it. My daughter didn't even mention the subtle change in flavor, which is probably because she is so accustomed to the flavor of hemp from drinking hemp milk on a daily basis.
Post a Comment