SWEET POTATO MINI-MUFFINS
Milk-Free, Egg-Free, Wheat-Free
- 2 c. King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free Multi-Purpose Flour*
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder (corn-free, if needed)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c. Earth Balance Soy-Free Natural Buttery Spread**
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 "egg" (using Ener-G egg replacer)
- 1/2 c. canned sweet potato puree
- 1/3 c. rice milk (I used plain rice milk)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a standing mixer or bowl using a hand mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar.
- Add the "egg", the sweet potato puree and rice milk.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, place dough into mini-muffin cups.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
**Flavoring derived from corn
Icing:(I actually didn't even make the icing, but here is the allergy-friendly tweak that I would have made...)
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar (you can use corn-free powdered sugar)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla rice milk (or your preferred "safe" milk)
- cinnamon (optional)
- Place powdered sugar and rice milk in a bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle over cooled muffins, as desired.